Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Poem 3 - NaPoWriMo - Frog Gigging

It seems like my poetry writing just gets later and later in the night. I guess I just need somewhere to put my thoughts when I’m tired? Well I’m super tired so let’s talk about something fun… and dark. 

Frog Gigging

Late at night
A boat slips out into the water
Just paddle up the creek

He sits in the front
A headlight from a car
A battery from an engine
Put them together
Spotlight

He sits in the back
Maneuvering the boat
The oar splashes the water

The spear has three barbs
Mounted on the end of a pole
Like a trident

The warrior blinds its prey
The boat soundlessly glides closer
It’s frozen, confused
Quick splash
Pierced

The warrior’s prey swivels back
Poised on the end of the gig
The sailor takes it
Chop… Chop
Splash

Without its legs it floats down
Paddling helplessly
The water envelopes it

No longer friendly


Frog legs for dinner…

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't help but read with a William Shatner voice. >w< It's kinda morbid... but also kinda funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't realize I had poetic inspiration skills. Dad

    ReplyDelete