Monday, April 11, 2011

Gaia - NaPoWriMo

So I wasn’t in love with the NaPoWriMo prompt today so I’m just going to make something up for the day. Mind you, I did just finish playing DDR so my mind may not keep up with me just yet. Here goes…

Gaia

In the melody birds,
Flying in the springtime sky,
In the calming evening breeze,
Twilight coming ever nigh;
Hear the voice sing everywhere,
Touching every living thing,
Speaking to our inner hearts
A living song that we all sing.

See the shaded forest dense,
Fields of barley as they sway,
Stars all twinkling up above,
Clouds of blue and clouds of grey;
Countenance of elder ones,
Or a child quick with youth,
Showing us through joy and tears
In it all there is this truth…

She’s our Mother and our Guide
Waiting for an open hand;
Watching ever, ever kind
Through the centuries of man.
Goddess, Mother, Sister, Friend
Nature, Lover, Hunter, Child,
Warrior, Virgin, Muse and Sage,
Gentle, Harsh, Beloved, Wild.


2 comments:

  1. The prompts are definitely not mandatory. I sometimes just write whatever's on my mind.

    I think it expresses something very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was a "like" button. I would press it!

    ReplyDelete