Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Just finished watching a great thriller movie and it’s late so… time for poetry!  (Aka Trying to get the creepy demon children out of my head. Never watch a horror/thriller right before bed!)

In Verse

Give me a penny,
I’ll tell you my thoughts.
I’ll write them all in verse.
The truth unspeakable,
The text unreadable,
Secret, sacred, or worse.

Give me a dime,
I’ll unlock my heart.
I’ll share with you every dream.
The reveries, the agonies,
The fantasies, the atrocities;
The words are a glimpse, a gleam.

Give me a dollar,
I may spread forth my soul;
Pages of an open book.
Or perhaps it’s a lie
What you think you saw
And you’ll agonize for a better look.

Give me your heart,
You’ll hear it all plain,
My love, hate, fear, and need.
You’ll know it’s all true,
That primal, macabre, decadent:
That truth I let nobody read.


No comments:

Post a Comment